RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `Confi

From: Schwichtenberg Knut
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `ConfigDescriptor' and `L0'
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:09:47 +0200

Jorgen,

There seem to be more problems which mmay be overlapping. First of all there
are system macros available called hi8 and lo8 to convert an address to a
byte. Using these reduces the number of warnings.
I'm not sure if I understnad your data segment. For me it looks like you
want an initialized data segment, and that's not working. To create
uninitilized variables I'm using one of the following macros:

#define STORE(sym, len) sym: .skip len,0  set to '0' at assembly time but
not a run time!

#define STORE(sym, len)  .comm sym, len

The second one is "C-compatible".

And at least I'm confused about the error message. What is "... and 'L0'"
maybe someone else may explain in detail.

.byte, ... Can be used in the EPROM or Program section.

Cheers

Knut