Re: [avr-chat] PID Tutorial/ Examples

From: Alan Kilian
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] PID Tutorial/ Examples
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:39:56 -0500

> >>    I wrote an article about PID control for the July 2000 issue of
> >>    Circuit Cellar Ink.
> >>
> >>    It's available here: http://www.tcrobots.org/articles/articles.htm

> --Yes,thanks, the link has magically appeared on your homepage (I'd
> already checked it out whilst searching for the article) !!
>
> One gripe though, Fig. 1 (the schematic) is empty- just some dots..!
> I checked out the JRKERR website - can you confirm that it's the schematic
> at the bottom of this page:
>
> http://www.jrkerr.com/picsrvsc.pdf

    Royce,

        The PIC-SERVO SC didn't exist when I wrote this article, but the
        schematic you refer to is correct for that part.

        The one in the article is from section 6.2 on page 23 of:
        http://jrkerr.com/psdata.pdf which is a more complicated circuit
        since the PIC-SERVO and PIC-ENC were separate processors in the
        olden-days.

        You are much better off with the new PIC-SERVO SC since it's a
        single chip, and it's cheaper than the old ones.

        I think $29 for a single-chip PID control system with all the
        features this one has is an incredibly good deal.

        Yes, you could invent it your self and just pay $5 a pop for the
        processors, but I don't have the time to write and debug all
        that software, so I just buy mine.

                                -Alan
--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)bobodyne.com>