Re: [avr-chat] AVRDUDE : fails to open // pport ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVRDUDE : fails to open // pport ?!
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:35:03 +0200

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 10:43 +0200, Rolf Magnus wrote:

> /dev/lp0 is _not_ the parport device. It's the printer device. (lp = line
> printer). You need to have the ppdev kernel module loaded. Look with lsmod of
> it is loaded. If not, try loading it (as root) with 'modprobe ppdev'.

Thanks Rolf and Artur, I did sudo modprobe ppdev and it workrd and I now
have /dev/parport0 and avrdude starts. I posted about it 30 minutes ago
but go figure, the post still hasn't appeared on the list after all that
time ! Why is the list's server so slow...

Anyway, problem is bigger now : avrdude says that my chip isn't
responding ! I just posted about it 10 seconds ago... might appear on
the list tomorrow with some muck ;-)

--
Vince, getting there, but very slowly !