Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:34:10 +0200

Just tried with UISP.
Basically same problem as with avrdude. It doesn't report any error when
asked to wirte to the AVR, but when I read back, nothing has been
written. When I asked uisp to erase the chip, it sent a quick command
(very brief activity on the SPI... I have my scope glued to the MISO
line now ;-), reported no errors, but when I read the entire flash
memory, it had the same weird content as first seen with avrdude, that
is, a strange bit pattern instead of just 'FF' everywhere.

Only positive sign, is that UISP reports my fuse bits as follows, unlike
avrdude (I am starting to feel that I misunderstood the meaning of that
'part' command, maybe it just prints the info from the avrdude.conf
file ?!)

$ sudo uisp -dprog=bsd -dpart=ATmega32 --rd_fuses

Atmel AVR ATmega32 is found.

Fuse Low Byte      = 0xff
Fuse High Byte     = 0xff
Fuse Extended Byte = 0xff
Calibration Byte   = 0xff  --  Read Only
Lock Bits          = 0xff
    BLB12 -> 1
    BLB11 -> 1
    BLB02 -> 1
    BLB01 -> 1
      LB2 -> 1
      LB1 -> 1

So, all bits are set to one, which makes more sense. Still, I can't
write anything in this bloody, oops, lovely chip ;-)

--
Vince, in great need of help, if just moral support...