Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:31:42 +0200

> It looks to me as if you actually don't have a connection to the
> microcontroller. I can read from it even if none is connected at all.

Hmmm, I have the scop hooked on MISO line and when I can see the AVR
sending stuff from this pin whenever I ask avrdude or uisp to read
anything in the AVR. I just dumped the entire flash memory with uisp, it
takes forever (I interrupted it after a couple minutes of dumping to
stdout), and I could clearly see the AVR dumping the memory on MISO, and
I could see the computer clock the data transfer on MOSI.

> Did you try without -dpart? Even without anything connected at all, uisp
> tells
> me it found the chip I specified.

Oh my God, you're right here ! I asked uisp to read the fuse bit, with
the cable unplugged, and it happily told me that all my fuse bits were
set to one ! Scary ! :-O

>  Wihout -dpart, it should auto-detect the chip.

Autodetection fails here, it detects my mega32 as:

"Device similar to the ATmega103-old is found."

I am getting desperate, I hope that after a good night of sleep, I will
wake up with some really bright idea about this problem...

Regards,

--
Vince