Re: [avr-chat] Status of GCC and ATmega2561?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Status of GCC and ATmega2561?
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:15:20 -0700

On May 18, 2006, at 14:08 , Joerg Wunsch wrote:

I seem to recall someone posted a hack to avrfreaks.net a while ago
that made the toolchain work with only 128 KB of usable ROM.  But
then, can't you just use an ATmega1281 instead for the time being?
These are already fully supported (we're using them in production code
at work), they've also got 8 KB of RAM, and are otherwise fully pin
and IO compatible to the 2561.

I would *love* to use a '1281...i just can't find any!

--
Rick