Re: [avr-chat] Makefile for Avrdude

From: Anton Erasmus
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Makefile for Avrdude
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:34:10 +0200

On 29 May 2006 at 10:03, Chris S wrote:

> On 5/29/06, Galen Seitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have the following rpms.  These include patches for most new devices.
> > I'm actively using these tools for atmega48 development. Let me know if
> > you are interested.
> >
> > avr-libc-1.4.4-1
> > avrdude-docs-5.0-1
> > avr-binutils-2.16.1-5
> > avrdude-5.0-1
> > avr-gcc-3.4.6-3
>
> Yes, I'm definitely interested! Just for maintainability, I try to
> stick with packages and only compile tarballs as a last resort, so it
> would be great if I could use those. If you could post those
> somewhere, I'd be very grateful.

If you use scripts from rod moffitt, which I modified to build the avr-gcc tools
using the same patches as the WinAVR release, it is quite simple to build from
source. I have not released the modified scripts for the latest WinAVR equivalent,
since I am having difficulty in getting them to work on older versions of Linux. On
newer linux releases (Linux 2.6) the scripts work fine for all the packages listed above.
(The versions used to compile WinAVR). e-mail me if you want the scripts. Being able to build from source makes life much easier. I started using someone elses scripts knowing
absolutely nothing. Now I have a reasonable idea of how to compile the tools. I will help where I can if you decide to give it a go.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

--
A J Erasmus