Re: [avr-chat] TCP/IP : practical guide to implementing ? (LONG post...)

From: Clemens Koller
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] TCP/IP : practical guide to implementing ? (LONG post...)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:16:52 +0200

Hello, Vincent!

Vincent Trouilliez schrieb:
I would like to receive input from the engineers among you, who have
knowledge of, and practical experience implementing, TCP/IP in
micro-controller based products.

Well, if I would be in the HR department, I would like to hear
that it doesn't make sense to work your way up and down the TCP/IP
stack from scratch, if there are already ton's of solutions out
there which can be re-used.

I.e. the first hit on google "microcontroller TCP/IP" brings up:
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/Linksammlung
where you can find several links to some TCP/IP implementations.

Of course, it's necessary to know what happens inside of the
code if something goes wrong. Your best friend is a good
debugger and know-how to use it. But I would first give it a
try and starting from the top-level.

Download the code and give it a try.

Good luck,
--