Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: ser_send(): write error: Invalid argument

From: duni
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: ser_send(): write error: Invalid argument
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 13:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

Pinitnun Shanasabang wrote:

>  avrdude: ser_send(): write error: Invalid argument.
> The driver is installed and the
> /dev/ttyACM0 is in place. I also tried the HID mode of the programmer, no
> luck.

That's happening because your USB-hardware expects problems with the
com-mode. I have the same problem on my laptop, but everything is fine on my
desktop. So always prefer the HID-mode. What means

Pinitnun Shanasabang wrote:

> I also tried the HID mode of the programmer, no luck.

Are you trying in HVSP mode with "stk500hvsp -P avrdoper" or in ISP mode
with "stk500v2 -P avrdoper". Note that you have to have root/sudo prevs to
run the HID mode correctly - that was something I figured out after 3 days
of circuit checks...