Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio user interface question

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR Studio user interface question
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:51:51 -0400

David Kelly wrote (a couple of weeks ago):

... I've  having a user interface problem that is simply responding
contrary to muscle memory.

Have the latest "build 528" (or something, its no where near this machine for me to check). AVR Dragon. ATmega48. I can download, single step, breakpoint, all that good stuff. But when I open a Memory or similar window it remains inactive. On top of other windows but not the focus.
[two paragraphs omitted]
Same question for the Watch window. ...
What is the magic sequence to use Memory and Watch windows?
Is this a bug in beta software?

For what it's worth at this late time, I have been unable to reproduce this. I used AVR Studio 4.13, build 526, on a Dell Inspiron 4150 notebook under WinXP Home, SP2, fully updated. Hardware was ATmega168 (I don't have a 48) on the Dragon Rider on top of the AVR Dragon, updated to AVR Studio 4.13 firmware. Both memory and watch windows operated correctly. I hope this helps. Note that there is now a service pack to 4.13 on the Atmel Web site.

Graham.