[avr-chat] AVR Studio user interface question

From: David Kelly
Subject: [avr-chat] AVR Studio user interface question
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:05:08 -0500

Has been a while since I've had my nose in AVR Studio and today I've having a user interface problem that is simply responding contrary to muscle memory.

Have the latest "build 528" (or something, its no where near this machine for me to check). AVR Dragon. ATmega48. I can download, single step, breakpoint, all that good stuff. But when I open a Memory or similar window it remains inactive. On top of other windows but not the focus.

This would make sense if the CPU is running as nothing could be done to the memory view but it doesn't matter if CPU is running or stopped.

Don't know what I do but have fiddled around and found the Memory window functioning, allowing me to change its view and nose around in memory. Maybe the window started working after running and hitting a breakpoint, not sure what I did.

Same question for the Watch window. Once one of these is up there is nothing I can do with one other than hide it from a menu.

What is the magic sequence to use Memory and Watch windows? Is this a bug in beta software?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden