Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:23:27 +0100

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:15:02 -0600
David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have had situations where the combination of Dragon and target
> board seemed to be ultra sensitive to the cable used between. Where I
> thought the 6" cable worked and the 9" was not reliable.

David don't scare me !

6 inch is tiny ! :-O My current DIY parallel cable is 37 inch long
(no buffers, and it works reliably somehow) and it's barely enough to
get the header from the back of the computer, to the desk where the
targets sit !
Luckily the dragon uses USB and I have a front USB connector, so I
don't need a long cable to get round the twoer computer case, but
still, 6 inch is too short to get from the dragon onto the second
target !

How comes signal can travel one meter in a DIY crap cable with no
buffering or anything, and the same kind of signals could not survive a
9 +" or more travel ? :-/ :-(

--
Vince, now anticipating disappointement when he receives his Dragon
next week...