Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:31:58 -0600

On Mar 1, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:15:02 -0600
David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

I have had situations where the combination of Dragon and target
board seemed to be ultra sensitive to the cable used between. Where I
thought the 6" cable worked and the 9" was not reliable.

David don't scare me !

[...]

Vince, now anticipating disappointement when he receives his Dragon
next week...

Don't expect disappointment. I never figured out what it was with that particular combination of PCB and Dragon but later used the same Dragon on other designs without any sort of hiccup other than I now have a dead Dragon from unknown cause.

Can't say for sure the dead Dragon is the same one that was having problems driving the JTAG cable, but am pretty sure it was.

Don't remember all the specifics but believe the CPU I was using was one the Dragon supported but my ICE Cube did not.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden