RE: [avr-chat] AVR on the Mac

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] AVR on the Mac
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:52:26 -0700

Please, please, please, don't do this. There are already existing open source
projects that need help:

- SimulAVR:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/simulavr>
There is both a C based project (simulavr) and a C++ based project (simulavrxx)
at this project site.

- Avrora:
<http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/avrora/>
This is an "AVR Simulation and Analysis Framework" that is written in Java and
already works for many people.

Plus there is an "avrtest" module in the WinAVR revision control system, that
was taken from the core of simulavr, and it is used to run the GCC regression
test suite.

These are all open source projects that could always use more help. Unless you
are writing a simulator for your own learning experience, please don't reinvent
the wheel. Help out the existing community instead.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington