Re: [avr-chat] AVRs with JTAG and without centre pad?

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVRs with JTAG and without centre pad?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:08:28 -0500

Pertti Kellomäki wrote:
While waiting for my ICE-Cube to arrive, I looked at datasheets
at Atmel's site. It seems that all the devices that have JTAG
come in surface mount packages that have a centre pad underneath
the package. Please tell me I missed some device ;-)

The AVR ICE-Cube is a "clone" of the Atmel JTAG ICE (Mk I) so you must be careful to pick a device that is supported by that. Here are some examples:

ATmega16(L/A) (16 Kbytes Flash) 40 pin DIP and 44 pin TQFP
ATmega162 (two serial ports) 40 pin DIP and 44 pin TQFP
ATmega32(L/A) (32 Kbytes Flash) 40 pin DIP and 44 pin TQFP
ATmega64(L) (64 Kbytes Flash, 2 serial ports) 64 pin TQFP
ATmega128(L) (128 Kbytes Flash, 2 serial ports) 64 pin TQFP

Graham.