Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:15:00 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:37:53 +0200 (MET DST)
address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

> Than make a makefile that does it. ;-)
>
> All you have to do is replacing the -O ihex by -O binary in the
> avr-objcopy command.

Oh, simple enough indeed ! :-)

> % hd lcmeter.bin | head -20

Oh ! I didn't know there were a utility specialized in this ! That's one
of the things I just love in *nix... a myriad of innocent looking, 2+
letter commands that can do lots of cool/useful things, and that
can be combined at will ! :-)

I added an option in my makefile now:

hd:
        hd object_flash.bin | less

now I just need to type "make hd", quick enough to type, and I
instantly can navigate the hex dump with the PageUP/PageDown keys,
lovely ! :-)

Thanks Joerg :-)

--
Vince