Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:52:08 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:40:31 +0930
"Daniel O'Connor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Terminal mode can be useful for some things but I usually only use it to
> change fuses or check my code has modified EEPROM as I expect.

Same here, but I also like to have a look at the first KB's of Flash as
well. I found it helpful to trouble shoot string problems, or to verify
padding, or to check that my approximate knowledge of C's syntax did
put the right address in a table of function pointers, or whatever... I
just find it quite nice to be able to easily have a quick look at the
first KB's of Flash, in a formatted way, while having also access to
EEPROM and fuses and everyting, all from the same place. IOW... I just
looove this terminal feature of avrdude hence my desire for it,
generally, to become as good as it can get ;-)

--
Vince