Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC compile problems

From: J Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC compile problems
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:45:58 +0100 (MET)

Michel Catudal <address@hidden> wrote:

> After looking into the source of the binutils it seems
> to me that movw is not defined at all for the avr.
>
> Before making any changes to
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/avr-gcc-20010205/gcc/config/avr/avr.c
> I had a lot of error messages about invalid registers so I
> changed in the following code a 0 to r0 and a 1 to r1
> Then I had an error about a double definition of processor avr3 in
> a temporary .s file.

Been there, done that.  That all looks like you're working with a too
old version of avr-as.  I haven't tried myself with a newer one, but
you ought to fetch a recent copy of GNU binutils (only available as a
snapshot, not as an official release yet).  (I didn't try myself since
then, due to lack of time.)

address@hidden         http://www.interface-systems.de/~j