Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC compile problems

From: Michel Catudal
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC compile problems
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:37:03 -0500

J Wunsch a écrit :

> Michel Catudal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > After looking into the source of the binutils it seems
> > to me that movw is not defined at all for the avr.
> >
> > Before making any changes to
> > /usr/src/packages/BUILD/avr-gcc-20010205/gcc/config/avr/avr.c
> > I had a lot of error messages about invalid registers so I
> > changed in the following code a 0 to r0 and a 1 to r1
> > Then I had an error about a double definition of processor avr3 in
> > a temporary .s file.
>
> Been there, done that.  That all looks like you're working with a too
> old version of avr-as.  I haven't tried myself with a newer one, but
> you ought to fetch a recent copy of GNU binutils (only available as a
> snapshot, not as an official release yet).  (I didn't try myself since
> then, due to lack of time.)

the binutils I've tried are among the latest

avr-binutils-010109.src.tar.bz2
avr-binutils-010203.src.tar.bz2
avr-binutils-010225.src.tgz  -> feb 25th 2001

ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/binutils/snapshots/

These are the ones I tried with identical results.
the avr- was added by me to differentiate it with something else.
I downloaded from
It seems that at one time someone accidentally removed a portion of
the avr files or that was never put there in the first place.
Whoever is maintaining the avr tree is not keeping up with what is
on the web and runs a different tree than the one published.

There is a new one today which I haven't checked yet.

--
Tired of Microsoft's rebootive multitasking?
then it's time to upgrade to Linux.