[avr-gcc-list] Uploading troubles solved...

From: Ludovic COURTES
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Uploading troubles solved...
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:14:54 +0200

Hi !

I recently sent a mail concerning my troubles uploading to a Mega103
via the serial interface (with the MCU responding with wrong signature
bytes, 0xff, and so on...). I have now found what was going wrong and
it might be interesting for some people...

In fact, the problem with uploading came from the SUT (Start-up Time)
fuse bits : they were both programmed ("0"), which means that the MCU
should boot in 5 cycles, and setting them to "1" (so that the start-up
time is the longest available) made it work fine.

BTW, i added a '-dno-sig-check' option to uisp to bypass signature check,
otherwise i wouldn't have been able to modify fuse bits (i might send
a patch).

Ludovic.

--
Ludovic Courtes
  University of Technology of Belfort-Montbeliard