Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp/stk500 again

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp/stk500 again
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:24:07 +1300

Hi Thomas,

I did the initial STK500 protocol extraction (DMCA anyone? http://www.anti-dmca.org/ ) and Daniel Berntsson did the uisp support based on it. Atmel haven't released the protocol but have been claiming they will do so for a very long time ago, I got tired of waiting. I can see the same thing happening with the new JTAG ice.

Haven't actually used my STK500 for anything :) as it was purchased for the above reason, hence I haven't tried it with uisp. I'll need some more information about exactly what it is you're doing that shows up the problem, I don't run wine or AvrStudio so uisp & stk500 info would be better. We'll get it sorted!

Jason Kyle

PS Your initial post was a little vague - I didn't know what to reply with. Having said that the link about "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" is good information and recommended reading for everyone, it is important for all of us to get along.