Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp/stk500 again

From: Peter Jansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp/stk500 again
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:38:41 +1100

Hi All,

I did the initial STK500 protocol extraction (DMCA anyone? http://www.anti-dmca.org/ ) and Daniel Berntsson did the uisp support based on it. Atmel haven't released the protocol but have been claiming they will do so for a very long time ago, I got tired of waiting. I can see the same thing happening with the new JTAG ice.

Thanks for the inital work, I have used uisp with the stk500 on both the AT90S8515 and ATmega128 processors and their are a few times it does not work, but once working it does fine. I think I just unpacked it out of the tar and it worked.

Scott Finneran and I have been working on getting the AVRJTAGICE working with gdb and are most of the way their. If any one else is working on this we would like to know.

I have been using the avr-gcc tool chain and uisp on linux to program the device through a stk500 which works fine.

Regards,

--
Peter Jansen