[avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC

From: Victor Sluiter
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:29:19 +0100 (MET)

I'm still trying to install a new version of AVR-GCC, meanwhile I have
installed both MingW an Cygwin. My difficulty now is: what version of AVR-GCC
should I use? My considerations are as follows:
- For MingW, some special versions are precompiled. Won't I have the same
problem with MingW as I have now with the VolkerOth version: no possibillity to
upgrade to newer versions of libc?
- For Cygwin: what files do I need? I found various sites with
avr-gcc<timestamp, etc>.tar.gz and the binutils, while others claim that I need
a new
version of GNU CC, and path it, or just compile it in combination with the right
binutils.
- What versions are known to be made compatible with avr-studio (with or
without Elf2Coff)

Before I mess up my complete disk with half installations, I'd like to hear
if someone's got some good tips on the subjects above :-).

All help is very welcome!
Greetings, Victor

Een gewaarschuwd schizofreen telt voor vier.
      - Fons Jansen

http://www.gmx.net