Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC

From: Victor Sluiter
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:51:47 +0100 (MET)

My problem started with using malloc();, which gave an error during
compiling. Dean Ferreyra suggested it might be an old libc. I compiled a new
one, but
my avr-gcc, the version of Volker Oth (till now a very good version!!) still
gave an error.
The AVR-GCC of AVR-Freaks (I guess that's the one you mean) has this remark
to their malloc.c:

void *malloc( size_t size ); Allocates 'size' bytes of memory and returns a
pointer to it. Implemented, but not tested.

I've downloaded theAVR-GCC from AVR Freaks, and will test it tonight, but I
still would be happier to be able to be more up-to-date with the
developments. I must agree that it is quite a fuzz to be working with Cygwin,
because of
my lack of knowledge about unix-like environments. And coming to that; I hope
to be learning som basic unix skills from this 'aventure' :-)

By the way, thanks for the tip to look at a windows/dos version again...
I'll tell you my findings!!
Greetings, Victor