Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC

From: Victor Sluiter
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin, MingW, GCC
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:51:40 +0100 (MET)

Hello Jesper,
Thanks indeed VERY much, now I have a good working AVR-GCC. To my surprise I
saw how often the AVR-GCC distribution is updated. Wonderful! And malloc();
no longer gives an error... I haven't really tried the working of malloc, but
at this moment I trust that it is  functioning well (anyone disagree?)....
I also noticed that the new GCC make the code a little bit larger (2,7k
instead of 2,5k), and that it is a little bit more picky on code. For example :

sat.c:27: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

because of a pointer to a prog_char. But those are just minor details.......

Many thanks for all the help!
Victor

http://www.gmx.net