Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)

From: Greg Kulosa
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:16:24 -0700

> Hi. I am looking for a terminal (like hyperterminal) to run under Linux.
> Any ideas? (Need to access the avr serial port on an ethernut).

My favorite X-windows terminal client is seyon.  I'll use minicom in a
pinch, but seyon is nicer.

You can set-up scripts which are launched by buttons, so that one click
can change baud rate, turn on/off hardware flow control, send break, etc.
In Minicom it takes many key presses to change baud rate.

Seyon can also run in an xterm, so you get a great VT-100 emulation,
and of course X-windows cut-and-paste, etc. works well.

--
Greg A. Kulosa          | "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Systems Administrator   |  late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh