Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)

From: Rob Ward
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:42:44 +1200

Thanks everyone for the reply re terminal programs. To answer the question about ethernut, no it was not a typo. Ethernut is a German product - open source hard and software, MEGA 103 based, has ethernet onboard, operating system, parallel port programmer, etc... have a look at http://www.egnite.de/ethernut.de/en/news.htm

See the kit details on that page. We bought one and are starting development work on it. Good price too.

Here's a quote from the website...
"Ethernut board pre-loaded with Nut/OS and Nut/Net TCP/IP stack. Printer port programming adapter. Serial communication cable. Printed hardware and software manual. CD containing source code, binaries, technical manuals and GNU development tools for Windows and Linux platforms"

Rob Ward

Scott Finneran wrote:
Rob Ward wrote:
Hi. I am looking for a terminal (like hyperterminal) to run under Linux.
Any ideas? (Need to access the avr serial port on an ethernut).

Rob,

Try minicom. I know that it ships with the Redhat distro (and a few
others).

Out of curiosity is an "ethernut" a piece of hardware or just a typo?

Cheers,

Scott

--
Thanks in advance.