Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)

From: joe
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] end of tool chain (programming)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:14:10 -0600

Eric,
I use the stk500 with avr-gcc almost daily.  No problems and the board is
great for prototyping.  I followed the steps at AVRFreaks(
http://www.avrfreaks.com/AVRGCC/index.php ) and use it with Atmels AVRStudio
as the IDE, no problems with programming via the serial port at all.  The
whole setup was extremely easy to set up if you take the time to read the
docs on setting up the two to run together(also available on the AVRFreaks
web site: http://www.avrfreaks.com/Tools/ToolFiles/228/avrgcc_studio.pdf ).
Getting AvrX to compile was a little tricky, but not bad.

Hope that helps.
Joe