[avr-gcc-list] Mega128 Fuse Bit setting and uisp

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Mega128 Fuse Bit setting and uisp
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 13:28:36 -0500

I've exhausted my search for how to program the fuse bits on a '128.

I'm using the latest avr-gcc compiler (3.0.4) and uisp (patched for the '128) software.

I'm using an STK300 board. I don't have an STK500, nor do I want to invest in one right now.

I can d/l my program to the '128, and it runs, but with the default fuse bit settings the internal 1mhz oscillator is selected. Bummer.

In the uisp helps under the --section part, there are 3 sections: prog, eeprom and fuse. How do I build (software program) the fuse section?

I assumed that there might be something in the avr/include directory, but grep returns nothing related to "fuse".

I attempted to use the latest Atmel Studio(4) under Win98, but it appears to not recognize the STK300 dongle. Bummer! Perhaps I'm missing something here.

So, I'm stuck, so far.

Can/would anyone point me in the right direction? Can uisp program the '128 fuse bits (bytes)? If so, how do I set up that section? I want to do this under Linux.

Thanks,

Dale Seaburg