[avr-gcc-list] Latest-CVS AVR-GCC Build Writeup

From: Tony M
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Latest-CVS AVR-GCC Build Writeup
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:56:47 -0400

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~tmahar/avrgcc/index.htm

After building the new tools you overwrite the AVRFreaks.com mingw32 release
with the new builds and have support for the new chips (ATMega8 for
instance) and latest fixes.

AVR Studio 3.x and 4.x are also able to debug and simulate just fine with
the new tools.  My hope is that more people using windows will now use
avr-gcc on chips with the new cores.

I just did my third test with this build writeup and it seems to be working
really well now.  If you run into any issues please let me know so I can
correct it.

I will post a binary release of the generated tools to overwrite the older
AVRFreaks.com tools later on.  The AVRFreaks release is superb.  This method
keeps the functionality the same, but allows the use of newer and more
chips.

Tony