Re: [avr-gcc-list] Buildling files on other drives

From: Glenn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Buildling files on other drives
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

Bill & all,

I have also been plagued with this problem for some time.

The ugly(!) workaround is to copy the offending commands (rm fails too) into a
batch file & call it from make:

For example:

Create cpycoff.bat in the avrfreaks dir with the text:
cp coff\*sym .
cp coff\*S .

Then change avr_make to:

%.cof: %.elf
        $(ELFCOF) $< $(OUT) $@ $*.sym
        $(CP) $(OUT)\$@ .
        c:\avegcc\avrfreaks\cpycoff.bat

The same problem exists with the clean target....
make clean.bat like:
rm -f coff\*.*

and call that from the clean target.

You can get fancy with make variables & passing them to the batch processor
(via %1, %2, etc), but I omitted that for clarity & brevity.

It seems that under XP (and other win versions too!), the binutils shell has
problems, but calling it through the comannd processor is OK.

When I can find time & detailed instructions, I intend to compile the latest
tools myself (since avrfreaks is so old) to see if it has been fixed.

Kind regards,
Glenn.