[avr-gcc-list] EEPROM on the Mega323 Amnesia?

From: David Snowdon
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] EEPROM on the Mega323 Amnesia?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 03:44:42 +1000

G'Day All,

I've been playing around with the ATMega323L parts in some boards I've designed.

This has been going very well and the parts seem to be doing a wonderful job. The only major completely oddball problem I've encountered is that the EEPROM seems to be rather forgetful. It'll remember the data when the part loses power... But will forget the information over night.

What's weirder is that only _some_ of the parts will be forgetful. Others seem to be very good and remember indefinitely. Unfortunately, working some of the time really isn't good enough! :-).

I'm using the eeprom.h functions to write a struct (which is in RAM) to the EEPROM's first sizeof(mystruct) bytes.

One thing I did think of was that every now and then my STK500 programmer will be set to 5V rather than 3.3, but to my understanding, the low voltage parts are tollerant of the high voltage??

Has anyone else encountered similar problems, or have any ideas as to what could cause such oddities?!?

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.