Re: [avr-gcc-list] make files

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] make files
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:21:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Marlin Unruh wrote:

:) Hi,
:)
:) Skipping a long winded intro, and getting to the question.
:)
:) In the windows install there are two make files, make1 make2. Is there any
:) make files that are pre defined and can be adapted to different projects
:) for LInux? Our do I need to port them from windows and edit, which would
:) work I guess.

I don't see why you couldn't just copy over the files. Just make sure that
the local Makefile has the correct path to where you installed the
included make[12] files.

:) I don't have lots of spare time to become proficient at writing make files
:) at the moment.

In the long run, it's a good investment since Makefiles are nearly the
same on any system and one of these days you may wish to do something that
a canned Makefile can't handle.

If you don't want to write your own for linux, you could easily use the
Makefile from here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/demo_project.html

Ted Roth