[avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: David Brown
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:39:49 +0100

Does anyone know if there are plans to port AVaRICE to windows?  I would
imagine it would be a fairly simple matter, at least under cygwin.  avr-gdb
is probably already working under windows (I haven't tried it yet, since I
could not get avarice to compile), given that there are lots of other gdb's
running under windows.  I would like to use gdb as an alternative to AVR
Studio, since it provides more flexible debugging (watching things like
structures work properly, and has powerful scripting) and would be
consistent with my tools for other micros (msp430, 68332).  But at the
moment it looks like I would have to run avarice on a linux machine and
connect to it over the network - it would probably work, but it's hardly
convenient.

The latest version of avarice I found on the net is around a year old - does
this mean it is so complete that there is no need for it, or that
development has stalled for lack of interest or lack of resources?

mvh.

David