RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030312 Released

From: James . Harris
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030312 Released
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:26:03 +0930

Greetings all,

As Ted stated I have added I/O command support to avarice.

I generated what was a pretty big patch with several fixes/features:
* Automatic identification of connected part (with command line override)
* Bug fixes for solaris
* avr-gdb I/O register (i.e. read) support
* Changes to device programming to support connected device type (was hard
coded for Mega128)

The added I/O support allows the part specific labels to be attached to the
I/O registers.
It also avoids reading registers that interfere with the operation of the
part e.g. UDR because reading it clears the UART IRQ flag.
I have made it straight forward to support other devices although I haven't
added others because I can only test the Mega16.

If you are interested in seeing avarice become more capable then join the
avarice mailing list and post your suggestions.

BTW I have also successfully used the combination of avarice and
avr-insight, including downloading to the target.

Cheers,

James

                    "Theodore A. Roth"

                    <address@hidden>        To:     Marc Wetzel
<address@hidden>
                    Sent by:                   cc:     address@hidden

                    avr-gcc-list-bounce        Subject:     RE: [avr-gcc-list]
[ANN] WinAVR 20030312 Released
                    address@hidden

                    13/03/2003 10:41 AM