Re: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:06:52 +0100 (MET)

"Sander Pool" <address@hidden> wrote:

>       fprintf(stdout, "fprintf\n");
>       fprintf_P(stdout, "fprintf_P\n");
>       fputs("fputs\n", stdout);
>       fputs_P("fputs_P\n", stdout);
>       fputc('X', stdout);
>       RL_USART_Putc1('Y');
>       RL_USART_Putc1('\n');

> PS I know that only the _P routines should work in this case but I
> figured I may as well try both.

No, the _P routines won't work at all the way you write it.  For them,
you need something like

printf_P(PSTR("printf_P\n"));

Also, your printfs will be converted to puts by gcc anyway. ;-)

I have no idea about the garbage.  I get something like that if i
forget to wait for the UART being ready, but you wait correctly.

Are you sure your clock is within the allowable tolerance?