[avr-gcc-list] Students needing help with UART on AVR ATMega16

From: Olav Torheim
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Students needing help with UART on AVR ATMega16
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:18:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

We are some computer students working on our senior project. Right now we're trying to program the UART of an AVR ATMega16, running at 3,69 MHz on an AVRSTK500. We tried to run gcctest7 (the example shipped with AVREdit), but got the error message "UCR undeclared". Then we renamed the UCR-references to UCSRB and recompiled, this time without errors.

We also edited uart.h and changed

#define UART_CPU 4000000
#define UART_BAUD_RATE 9600

#define UART_CPU 3690000 // Microcontroller running at 3.69 MHz
#define UART_BAUD_RATE 19200 // Want baud rate to be 19200

However, we are still not able to read any signals from the COM port of the AVRSTK500. Could anybody please tell us what we are doing wrong?

Best regards,
Olav Torheim,
Buskerud University College,
Norway

Ny versjon av Yahoo! Messenger
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom