Re: [avr-gcc-list] Absolute Sections / Assembly

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Absolute Sections / Assembly
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:16:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Keith Gudger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion.  When I try your example, I get:
> "cc1.exe: error: unrecognized option
> `-fsection-start=.mydata=0x2e00'

You must do something fundamentally wrong.  Where does the -f come
from?

If you pass the option to avr-gcc, it must be preceded by a »-Wl,«,
this tells the compiler driver to pass the remainder verbatim to the
linker.

Alternatively, use your own linker command (avr-ld).  You can see the
defaults by running avr-gcc's link step with -v.  cut&paste this
command line, and include your own linker option then.

Note that the --section-start linker option has two leading dashes.
I'm not sure, i think when you're passing it directly on the linker
command line, you need to replace the first equal sign by a space:

avr-ld ... --section-start .mydata=0x2e00