Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:36:45 +0200 (MET DST)

As Anderas Strodl <address@hidden> wrote:

>What do you mean by 'both directions' ? +Vcc & -Vcc ??? (I'm a bit lost
>here)
>
>Both directions means that one line can be used for data transmission
>in both directions through th level shifter, so you can use a single
>line for transmission and receiption of data without any problems.

But that's not useful for the JTAG interface.  However, what i meant
with »both directions« is that the Maxim chips (as well as the original
Atmel circuitry) can handle both cases, where Vcc[ICE] >= Vcc[target]
as well as Vcc[ICE] < Vcc[target].  My simple 74HCxxx circuitry can
only handle the case of Vcc[ICE] >= Vcc[target].