RE: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Next version of winavr!!!
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:06:31 GMT

> > I not sure whether this is possible or not, but having
> all the avrlibc
> > file together in a folder, and alow user to just
download
> the package of
> > the linux, and uncompress in the folder???
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.
>
> Well, what I mean is it possible to actually use the same
package of
> avrlibc files under linux with avr, hence the user can
upgrade the
> avrlibc files, by just download the linux build, and
unzip in to the
> folder of winavr???

avr-libc comes as source code and is compiled for whatever
platform you're using: Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc.

If you're talking about doing a dynamic upgrade (download
source, build library on fly on Windows platform), then
that idea has been recently brought to my attention (from
Joerg Wunsch). It won't be in the next release, but I'm
definitely considering something like in the future.

Eric