Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to do multi-line assembler macros?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to do multi-line assembler macros?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:03:50 -0400

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:54:55PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> IIRC, the $ sign is used as a logical line terminator.
>
> Yep.  How's that proverb?  ``All documentation files usually end up in
> .c.''  This is from gas/config/tc-avr:
>
> const char comment_chars[] = ";";
> const char line_comment_chars[] = "#";
> const char line_separator_chars[] = "$";

Ah, excellent!  Thanks Joerg!  I new there had to be a way to do this
using the C preprocessor.  I did already figure out how to use the
'.macro' directive as a work around.  But I'll probably go back to the
C pp since that's what I'm most familiar with.

Cheers,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean, address@hidden
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board