Re: [avr-gcc-list] Handling interrupts in assembler - how?

From: Michal Vanka
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Handling interrupts in assembler - how?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:48:09 +0200

> The basic question is: is it really needed to perform all actions
> covered by DoSomething during ISR? Maybe only part of them have to be
> done in "hard" time and rest can be deffered.
> It is common technique to handle interrupt as fast as possible doing
> only neccessary things (like hardware interaction) and set some flag(s)
> to inform rest of the program that some event(s) had happened.

I agree. I was just curious. If the DoSomething() in my question weren't
complicated,
there wouldn't be need to push registers it used, therefore the whole
question would be meaningless 8-).
But even if I have relatively simple code that needs some pushes, the gcc
generates them in
the most upper caller. It is logical. But I just wanted to know if it can be
bypassed....

Regards,

Michal Vanka

http://www.vanka.net