Re: [avr-gcc-list] My first time with AVR (help)

From: Helix
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] My first time with AVR (help)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:02:52 +0100

Rod
Thank you for answering.

> It's possible the chip or the board has a fault on it. Is this an off the
> shelf STK board? Is the AVR soldered on or is it plugged in via a
> connector or socket? If so you should try re-seating the device. If this
> is a board you developed yourself I would recommend searching for shorts
> with a probe and checking if VCC and GND are getting to the device. If I
> remember correctly the AVR still needs an oscillator (internal or
> external) in order for it to be programmed via ISP, so check that aswell.

I built the little board by myself wiring each pin.
I am veryfiyng with an oscilloscope and I noticed Vcc is OK
During uisp programming
!RESET is OK (signal is between 0,25 and 4,85 vcc)
SCK is OK(signal is between 0,25 and 4,85 vcc)
MOSI seems OK  (signal is between 0,25 and 4,85 vcc)
MISO is in a weird state always between +4,85 and +4,2 vcc,
so I think uisp can't read back the bytes I wrote.

About the oscillator it is a 7.378Mhz
But I don't know how to test it, schould I connect the oscilloscope between
the Quartz pins or between GND and one of the Quartz pin ?

TIA