Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble

From: Dave Hansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:41:51 -0500

From: "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
[...]
1. Do NOT use WinZIP to unpack the tarballs.

I assume you suggest this because of WinZIP's proclivity to insert CR characters when thery're not wanted while expanding tarballs. While this is the default operation of WinZIP, this misfeature _can_ be repaired.

The details may be different for different versions, but for version 8.0, select "Options", "Configuration...", select the "Miscellaneous" tab in the dialog, and uncheck the "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion" checkbox. Then click OK. Problem solved.

At least, I haven't had any further problems.  Regards,

  -=Dave

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1