Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:06:13 -0700

On 28 Jan 2004 at 9:40, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > There's the rub. The --prefix option sets where it gets
> > installed. But on Windows, it is common practice to be able to
> > install software anywhere the user desires and have it still work.
>
> Yep, I always wondered how your installer handled that situation.

Well, it's not the installer that does it, but when GCC gets built. There's
been some issues in the past and I have to watch this one closely every time
GCC is built.

> So basically, Kasper ought to set --prefix to his installation
> directory of WinAVR then, shouldn't he?

Sure, that should be fine AFAIK.

>If I understand you right, in
> Cygwin terms, that's probably /c/WinAVR then?

That would be MinGW / MSYS style. For cygwin it's:
/cygdrive/c/WinAVR

or whatever drive letter he's using (if not c).

HTH