[avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Avrdude 'hanging'

From: Jim Ford
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Avrdude 'hanging'
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:43:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

I'm using WinAVR on a Windows 2000 machine. When I try to program the device
from Programmers Notepad, Avrdude gets invoked but frequently hangs at some
point. I then have to manually kill the process in order to try again. This can
happen up to 4 or more times before the programming succeeds. As the 'hang'
often occurs after the chip is erased, this means it is reducing the life of
the chip.

Ideas, anyone - please?

Regards: Jim Ford
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime