Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf call frame information ( gcc 3.4.0 20040211)

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf call frame information ( gcc 3.4.0 20040211)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:49:44 +1100

Torleif,

Having now built an avr-gcc with dwarf2, and compiled a cobbled together
bit of C code that calls a function, I can only confirm that the
.debug_frame section is not generated. (The others: .debug_aranges
.debug_pubnames .debug_info .debug_abbrev .debug_line .debug_str, do
appear.)

This seems to be another difference in behaviour between avr-gcc and
other ports of gcc.

It seems doubtful that either the gcc-help or crossgcc mailing lists
could help a lot, since the issue is specific to avr-gcc. Have you tried
contacting the maintainers?

Is it reasonable to infer that lack of call frame information would
impact on the ability of ICEs to informatively label related traces of
code generated by avr-gcc? (Compared to, ... ahem, other compilers.)

Best of luck,
Erik

P.S. In between, I've gone off dhcp, and my direct cc to you is being
rejected, so I hope you're reading the list. :)