Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf call frame information ( gcc 3.4.0 20040211)

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] dwarf call frame information ( gcc 3.4.0 20040211)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:54:31 +1100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:47:54AM +0100, Torleif Sandnes wrote:
> No, that did not work either.

Sorry, I missed that it was during porting that the macro applies. For
a quick test, I'd add -DDWARF2_FRAME_INFO=1 to CFLAGS, in the gcc
Makefile. e.g.: CFLAGS = -g -O2 -DDWARF2_FRAME_INFO=1

> I read some more on porting gcc, and found out that DWARF2_FRAME_INFO
> is one of the macros that can be set in the avr.h header file that
> together with avr.md and avr.c makues up the machine description of
> avr that gcc needs.

Fiddling with the source doesn't seem as user friendly as a Makefile
tweak, though. Ideal would be a configure option. Still, if it's in
the porting manual, it has to have a good chance of success.

> Perhaps a new configure and build og gcc after adding this to
> gcc/config/avr/avr.h will fix the problem.

Yes, if it hadn't been late yesterday, we might have avoided the detour.

> However I could find none of the other DWARF macros in the machine
> description files for avr.

That supports the Makefile tweak or a (still not found) configure option
as alternatives. Adding the macro to CFLAGS defines it for compilation
of every gcc sourcefile, avoiding the need to find the right (suitably
included) header.

Does the tweak, or gcc/config/avr/avr.h improve the situation?

Erik