[avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc source?

From: Dave Comer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc source?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 11:05:20 -0600

My apologies in advance if this is obvious to you; I've searched through Source Forge, AVR-Freaks and am not certain where the "official" site is to obtain the source code to avr-gcc. I'd like to compile avr-gcc on both Linux and Windows with the eventual goal of understanding the process for my edification. Can someone tell me where the "official site is to download the code to compile on both platforms? Also, is there a good reference for GCC internals (I know the GNU main site has documentation, I'm looking for tips on third party references similar to the book by Kurt Wall, "The Definitive Guide to GCC", Apress that deals more with the internal GCC architecture.

Thanks,

Dave Comer