Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc sour

From: Christopher X. Candreva
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where is the "official" site to download avr-gcc source?
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 13:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Dave Comer wrote:

> My apologies in advance if this is obvious to you; I've searched through
> Source Forge, AVR-Freaks and am not certain where the "official" site is to
> obtain the source code to avr-gcc. I'd like to compile avr-gcc on both

All GNU software can be downloaded from ftp.gnu.org, or one of the mirrors.
For GCC, ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc

You also need binutils -- ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils

The avr-libc docs give excellent instructions on building the GNU toolchain
from sources:

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/install_tools.html

Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/